The admissions for the academic year 2013/2014 is now opened.
Admissions in 8 Grade for 2013/2014 at Zlatarski International School
- Results from first term of 7 grade – above 4,50
- Sitting an admissions exam
- Approval of the admissions committee according to the admission criteria
Registration for the exam: from 9 January 2013; Tuesday and Thursday between 2.00 pm and 4.30 pm
Candidates register at the school by submitting an application form for sitting the exam, signed by the student and the parent. In addition, a copy of the student’s results are submitted – first page and page with marks from term one. The School provides sample exam papers at registration.
Information meetings: 20 March 2013 at 5.30 pm; 17 April 2013 at 17.30 pm
Information meetings with candidates and their parents are taking place in the School auditorium. At the session prospective students are presented with information about the characteristics of studying at Zlatarski, the requirements from students and the schedule for applying to the school. Candidates and their parents have the chance to meet current teachers and students of Zlatarski School.
Admissions Exam: I intake: 30 March 2013; II intake: 27 April 2013
The admissions exam is designed according to the material, studied in grade 7 and it takes 3.5 hours. The exam consists of the following components:
- Mathematics: 20 problems on the material for grade 7 (90 min)
- Literature: retelling of an unknown text or a transformative essay (90 min)
- Test Language Competence: 20 questions in Bulgarian language (30 min)
|Early admission – international students
||06 March 2013, 9:00-12.30|
|I intake||Admission exam
||30 March 2013, 9:00-12:30|
|Announcement of Results||4 April 2013, 15:00|
|Enrolment||8 – 20 April 2013|
|II intake||Admission exam
||27 April 2013, 9:00-12:30|
|Announcement of Results||7 May 2013, 15:00|
|Enrolment||8 May – 15 June 2013|
||If any places left|
Announcement of Results: I intake: 4 April 2013; II intake: 7 May 2013
Announcement of results and the status of candidates: approved, approved under condition, not approved, based on the the ranking of candidates and the approval of the admission committee. The ranking of candidates is based on:
- the results of the three exam components
- overall result (first term or complete 7 grade)
- mark in Bulgarian language and literature (first term or end of year)
- mark in Mathematics (first term or end of year)
Enrolment: I intake: 8 – 20 April 2013 II intake: 8 May – 15 June 2013
Enrolment takes place within the set deadlines at the School with:
- Document for completed year (gradebook or certificate for completed 7 grade)
- 4 pictures (document format)
- medical card
- paid first installment and a signed contract for tuition, after agreeing with the School Rules and Procedures
English Entry Test for Admitted and Enrolled Students: 19 June 2013, 2:30 pm.
All students enrolled in 8 grade at Zlatarski International School sit an English Entry Exam (entrance level) on 19 June 2013 (Wednesday). It is used for the successful allocation of students in the relevant classes according to their English proficiency. From 2 September 2013 the School organises an English course for those students needing extra English classes.
- The School opens 60 places in grade 8, 6 of which are for international students.
- 25 – 26 March 2013, 14:00 – 17:00 consultations and mock exams for the admissions exam I intake
- 22 – 23 April 2013, 14:00 – 17:00 consultations and mock exams for the admissions exam II intake
- The number of approved candidates in each intake is determined according to the results achieved
- Candidates with status approved under condition can re-take the exam in II intake in order to improve their results
- Tuition fees are determined with a decision of the Governing body and can be updated according to the estimated costs for the school