To join the waiting list for admission to Zlatarski International School, please fill out the online registration form. If a place becomes available, we will contact you.
Requirements for admission in the International Baccalaureate Diploma at Zlatarski International School
– Results from first term of 10 grade – above 5,00
– Sitting an admissions exam
– Submission of a motivation essay in English
– Approval of the admissions committee (according to the admission criteria* and after taking into consideration the results and the individual meetings with candidates and their parents)
|ADMISSIONS PROCEDURE 2017/2018|
|Registration for the admissions exam||from 5 January; Tuesday and Thursday between 2.00 pm and 4.30 pm|
|Admissions: III intake|
|Entry test in English||16 June, 15:00|
Registration for the exam: Tuesday and Thursday between 2.00 pm and 4.30 pm
Candidates register at the school by submitting an application form for sitting the exam, signed by the student and the parent. In addition, a copy of the student’s results are submitted – first page and page with marks from term one. The School provides sample exam papers at registration.
Days of Open Doors:
Information meetings with candidates and their parents are taking place in the School auditorium. At the session prospective students are presented with information about the characteristics of studying at Zlatarski, the requirements from students and the schedule for applying to the school. Candidates and their parents have the chance to meet current teachers and students of Zlatarski School.
The admissions exam lasts for 4 hours and is composed of the following:
- English – based on Cambridge Advanced
- Mathematics – problems based on 9 and 10 grade material
- Bulgarian – commentary of an unknown text
Announcement of Results: I intake:
Ranking is based on the sum of the three components of the admissions exam + the average result from first term (grade 10). Candidates are ranking with status “approved “, “approved under condition”, “not approved”.
Meetings with the Admissions Committee: Individual Schedule
The School organises individual meetings with candidates to the IB programme and their parents. The purpose is to advise on candidates’ choice of subjects and levels and to assess the motivation of students. The candidate for the IB must share the values, mission and philosophy of the IB organisation; know the Regulations of Zlatarski School; pursue qualities, described in IB learner profile. The schedule for meetings is agreed in advance with the administration of the School.
Admitted students confirm their place by submitting an application form, also signed by their parents, and pay a preliminary enrollment fee. Students indicate their preferred subjects and rank them according to their preferences. The School has the right to redirect a student to another subject from the same group in case groups in the chosen subject are full.
Enrollment for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme takes place with a signed Contract for Tuition and Annex, paid first installment and after familiarizing with the IB Regulations and the Regulations of Zlatarski School.
- Admission criteria – overall results, exam results, motivation, discipline and contribution to the school community.
- Candidates are advised to strictly follow the admissions procedure. Places, which have not been confirmed are offered to other candidates. Outside the admissions deadlines, the school cannot guarantee the quoted tuition fee.
- Tuition fees are determined with a decision of the Governing body and can be updated according to the estimated costs for the school.
Transferring from another IB School:
Students enrolled in the IB Diploma programme from schools all over the world can transfer to Zlatarski International School, if there are vacant places in the IB classes. Such students should contact the School to discuss choice of subjects and deadlines.